Friday, May 27, 2016

I Work Out

So I joined a gym. I don't have a physical bone in my body and I never have even before I got fat (which was pretty much when I hit puberty). I was that kid that was banned from roller blades and monkey bars because I ALWAYS got hurt or broke something. I am a class A freaking clutz. I always have been afraid of a ball and I still catch myself flinch to this day.
I didn't really know where to begin when I got to the gym and I hopped on this machine the first day that looked easy enough but wasn't a treadmill (I also failed at using one of those safely in high school). It was a glide type stepper machine and I did pretty good on it but only lasted about 8 minutes. When I got off my legs were like jello and I thought I was going to fall flat on my face.
This gym is huge and like a freaking maze so by the time I dropped off the girls at the sitter service and found my way around I already got more exercise in than I ever would on a normal day so the 8 minutes were all I did.
Today I decided to try a water class where you work out with weights. I freaking loved it. I felt awesome afterwards and not like I wanted to die. I was tired, but it was a good tired. I suspect that is what a fit in-shape person feels like after they exercise because after doing anything  strenuous my body hates me. I think partially because of my weight and I have always had knee/joint pain. I really really enjoyed the water exercise class though and I am going to attend it twice a week. I highly recommended it to people wanting to exercise and have a real hard time with it. I felt like I was getting a work out without putting all of the strain on my body. It was really refreshing.
AND I took the girls in the pool for another hour to play.
I am really getting into this healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment